Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm dreaming of a different horizon


I woke up this morning smiling and so happy. I haven't done that in a long time. Which is a shame...life's too short to be sad all the time. Not that I'm sad all the time. Just bored a lot of the time.

I'd had the most amazing dream. Sam was in it! I was just so happy to be with one of my oldest friends, even if it was just a dream. Sappy huh?

But I really miss all my friends. There's a long list of people who are not here anymore and may never come back to Malaysia.

Sam, Ming, Son, Galvin, Marsha, Marcus.

Not that long. But out of that list I've known some of those people since I was seven...been friends with them since I was nine or ten. And now I only get to see them once a year and who knows what will happen when we all start work in different corners of the world.

I must have been having a major nostalgia trip last night because I started thinking about my trip to Sabah. It was one of the best holidays I've had in a long time. I got to hang out with Son in her hometown and see a part of Malaysia that I've never really seen.

Everyone's moving away and I can't wait to as well.

I'm a little nervous about my visa after my British visa fiasco last year. I hope that all goes well with my US visa. I'm waiting for my I-20 form from Sarah Lawrence and hoping it won't mess up my travel plans to NZ. Sigh...I hate bureaucracy.

There's nothing to do but wait.

2 comments:

said...

wheee :) my gambar hehe. yea the world is so small yet so big. i like waking up dreaming of my friends. usually sappy dreams too i admit but not often. what bugs me is how you wake up & realise "dang, no one's here."

Anonymous said...

Your future husband and mother-in-law are currently in NY and enjoying it. Heheh... Luv ya!