Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dedicated Fashion Victim

I used to work in Topshop and it made me not want to buy Topshop clothes for a loooong time. And I was living in Camden last year where everyone dresses punk rock or goth. Or very retro old time siren.

I've outgrown my punk rock look a little. I wish I'd never thought red fishnet arm stockings were cool. But I still like rocking a mohawk now and then. My style is more retro old Hollywod glamour when I can find the right clothes.

I'm trying to revamp my wardrobe cos I hate most of everything in it and I need to dig through everything to find anything I want to wear. And after seeing how neat Cassandra has made her room I know that my room is long overdue for a cleanup.

If you've been in my room you know what I mean. So I've been postponing shopping until I tidy up and get rid of all the clothes that I don't wear anymore.

But I gave in yesterday. I went to visit my Topshop colleagues and they told me it was the member's sale today. It's a sale open only to members and you get an additional 10% off anything on discount.

Being an ex-employee there has a lot of perks. I got along very well with almost everyone so they were very happy to show me the stuff on sale (they hadn't put up the signs announcing the discounts) and I found my size in the stuff I wanted and put it on reserve.

I woke up super early to beat the crazy fashionistas to collect my stuff. I spent a lot. Hehehe. I am justifying the expenditure with the fact that I hardly go shopping like this. I haven't been in ages actually. So yeah...I'm very happy with everything I bought.



Including this retro looking dress. It's Kate Moss for Topshop. Last piece. Tip NEVER buy Kate Moss full price. It always gets marked down pretty heavily during sales cos no one ever wants to fork out RM300+ for a summer dress.

I'm looking forward to wearing this dress. And the other one I bought. Stay tuned for more camwhoring!

No comments: