Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sometimes I'm a Lone Wolf


I've floated the idea sometimes that I grew up like an only child. The age difference between me and David is an awkward one. Two years. So we're not very close and he grew up with Steven as his partner in crime.

I grew up with imaginary friends. But don't feel sad for me. They were awesome. No, I'm not crazy.

Sometimes I feel the need to be alone. I've started taking personal days. Not that I need to take personal days. I don't have a stressful job. Or homework. Or personal problems that are difficult to deal with.

So I dressed up and headed for Bangsar. Possibly my favourite part of KL.



I'm not the kind of girl who indulges in manicures. Not because I wouldn't like to. Most of the time I can't afford a manicure. And even when I can it's mostly a waste of money on me. I chip my manicures pretty quickly.

So my nails are usually messed up like in the above picture. But I felt like being girly so I splurged. And got the best hand/arm massage.

It's nice to have nice shiny nails. I like the colour, deep almost black red.


I was craving red velvet cake so i went to The Daily Grind for some. I had just had burgers (which were mucho excellente) the other day there.

I was expecting tender chocolatey cake crumb with pillowy cream cheese frosting. It looked like the kind of retro birthday cake that a mum might make in the 50's for her little ones.

Unfortunately it didn't come close. The cake was far from tender. And the frosting barely tasted of cream cheese. It tasted kind of greasy actually. Ick. But the apple and mint ice tea was nice. And I was having a good time writing in my journal.

Until this stupid tai tai wannabe came in and was loud and obnoxious. I wanted to throw the remains of my cake at her. People like that need to read Better than Beauty a Guide to Charm. My fave etiquette and how to be stylish book. Charm never goes out of style.

Do you like my dress?

2 comments:

said...

haha. i love your outfit! its so cuuuuuute!
i wanna go bangsaaaaaaar. someone invent the teleport. NOW!

Anonymous said...

I love the Daily Grind. damn... We do share the same tastes in food, men, etc etc... :D U should try their salmon patty burgers. Most delicioso! Wish i were with u, dear. Mwah!