Friday, July 31, 2009

I'll have my cake...and it eat it too

Belated birthday posting! I spent my 21st in Auckland by design. I wanted to avoid a big party at home (though that kinda happened). So I figured a great way to spend my birthday would be with some people I really loved in a place I'd never seen.

Oh and also jumping off the Auckland harbour bridge but that's a story for a different post.

The night before my birthday Marsha and I went to bed and then she got up and said she had to do some work for her mum. I was like huh? So late?? What are you doing. And she was like urgghhh I dunno lah she's gonna piss me off.

Then as I tried to sleep I heard some very strange noises coming from the kitchen. It sounded like she was drilling! I was in half a mind to have a look when it occurred to me she was making my birthday cake. Hehehe. And I knew she's be royally pissed if I did spoil the surprise. So I stayed in bed.



And I was right! She made me a red velvet cake! One of my faves.


The candles kept relighting. I had to blow them out a few times. Inset a dirty joke about my blowing abilities.

I forgot to make a wish until I was cutting. Haha. It was yummy! And I was so touched that Marsha made me a cake. I don't know if I had even mentioned to her before that I liked Red Velvet cake. But it was gorgeous and the nicest thing to have sitting out for me on my birthday.

Thank you Marshy Parshy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was cute of u not to spoil the surprise. Did u act surprised too?

When Oli & Yvonne surprised me on the London Bridge, i was absolutely stunned. I thought they were gonna make me pray. Wtf

said...

woman, did you know your postsecret link links to some mega site of bible studies?