Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am a lucky, lucky girl


I was lying in bed last night and I realized something, I've never had a bad birthday.

When I was a kid my mum always made a big deal about birthdays. We got parties with games, treasure hunts, and one time I had a costume party where I was Princess Jasmine.

And my last 3 birthdays have been pretty awesome. This year I got to turn 21 in a country I'd never been to before, bungy jumped, and then came home to a party with all my favourite people. I even got to wear a tiara!

Last year I turned 20 in Venice, my second favourite city after London. Possibly the most romantic, amazing, mind blowing city to spend your birthday in.

And the year before I really wasn't feeling my birthday. I woke up feeling bleh, another year feeling like I wasn't completely whole and that my broken heart wasn't completely healed. But then my friends threw me a surprise party that I was actually surprised about.

So 21 years and not a single bad birthday. I hope it stays that way. I love all of you who've made my birthdays special in some way.

3 comments:

said...

wheeeee :)

Anonymous said...

That's so weird... I wrote something in my journal about most of my birthdays being bad! Cause i expect too much out of them and I always get disappointed. So this year I didn't expect anything at all, and it turned out to be 1 of my best :)

Germaine said...

son: i loved that birthday u guys made so special.

sam: isn't it great when life gives you something unexpected but totally amazing?