Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome To A Mad Tea Party

Okay so I'm really bored. I can't leave the house much. I went out to dinner with the stepbrother last night and we were only out for a couple of hours and I was pretty tired after that.

And I'm sick of talking about how I'm a pathetic Victorian maiden stuck wasting away at home (so maybe reading Pride and Prejudice is not helping). So I thought I'd blog about something more pleasant.

Before all the drama that anemia has brought to my life (who would've thought I'd write a sentence like that ;D ), I went to a very special birthday party.

Becky Harding invited me to her birthday...with strict instructions to wear a hat. The theme was a Mad Hatter's Tea Party. You know that great scene in Alice in Wonderland where she's at the tea party? It's probably one of the most iconic parts of the book.




Some of us took the mad hat theme more seriously than others. Here I am with the youngest Harding and his very dashing lampshade hat.



This is a bad picture. Hmmm....but I am really lazy to take it down and put a better one up. There were lots of cupcakes there. Becky's mum made some really gorgeous chocolate ones. These beauties were from Wondermilk.


Here I am with Val and the birthday girl who was the Mad Hatter. Fitting. As you can see Val went all out with her hat too.


And the piece de resistance...the hat shaped cake. Three layers of moist butter cake with the best buttercream icing piped onto it.

It was a great party and everyone was very sporting and came with a hat. Though some people abandoned their headgear at some point. Can you tell I was a sexy cop?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, i didnt realize the cake was a hat!

And yes, u make one very hot cop indeedy ;) U should arrest cute boys on the street for stealing your <3

Germaine said...

hehehe I'll remember that line when I'm out boy catching next...which I don't think will be for some time.

stevenjared0853 said...

Looks like a fantastic tea party. It seems everyone loved this mad tea bash and how beautiful that cake was. For my son’s 5th birthday I am also going to host a fun bash. He wants a tea party with outdoor activities so I would be booking suitable party venues in Chicago for his birthday celebration.