Thursday, May 29, 2008

Au Revoir

I remember writing that exact word, Au revoir, in a friend's autograph book before she left for Canada. We were 13 I think and I thought French words casually inserted into a goodbye message was cool. So cool my friend asked me what it meant.

'Like resovoir?'

>.<

Noooooo.

Anyway these are a bit late up because I was too lazy to unpack and find my camera cables. And when I finally did I realized that the CD I thought was my camera installation thingy magiggy was the wrong one. It was for a different camera. Oops.

Luckily I still managed to upload my photos.

Before I left I had a small farewell party. Not everyone I invited came...but those who did really made my day. I don't think it struck me at the time just how long I will not be seeing any of the people in the photos. And when I do go home some of them won't be in Malaysia anymore. Sam is off to the U. S. of A. So is Sharmini. Galvin will hopefully be off too. And me....well I don't know what will happen at the end of this six months away from home. Hopefully good things.

Sadly I don't have pictures with everyone who came. Keith and Ronald are MIA from the pictures. They were so sweet to come. Even though Keith told me he had to go home by 10. Of course he stayed until 2 am. And then got a call from his mum asking where the hell he was. Did he not realize he had exams on Tuesday?

He did what he always does. He said he was on his way home and then didn't go home until an hour later when she called again. Lol. I'll miss that boy.

Some of the group



me and rachel, this is the face she makes whenever i call her and say something stupid until i realize it



rachel and sharm (in a dress I gave her!)



me n sams in our pj's

Rachel was supposed to ask me if it was ok that she and Sam stayed over. She asked me this at the party after we had all had dinner. Lol. So typical of her. My parents told me not to let anyone who couldn't drive go home.

My dad specifically said, 'Tell Sam she can stay over if she's not alright to drive.'

Hehehe. Good thing he said that too. I've never seen Sam sooo drunk. Everyone was torturing her and trying to make her do the times table.

We all drank that night. A lot. I only realized this next day when I tallied up the bottles that we finished. I didn't have any beer but the boys did. And I know we finished one bottle of white wine for sure. And at least haf of another. And Galvin brought some vodka....and there was more but I'm too embarassed.

I told my cousin about the party and she intends to take me to the tube to look at a poster that says: If you drink like a man, you'll look like a man.

I really don't need the warning, I've watched enough 'Who'll Age Worst' to know what binge drinking will do to you in 20 yrs. She thinks she's so clever because she's a doctor (okay, her and my whole family).

Below is my bedroom for the next 6 months or so. Needless to say I already kinda messed it up. *must tidy room today* My mum will kill me if she knows how at home I've made myself in my aunt's place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg, Deb.. I miss u so much I'm tearing! :'(

And I did NOT get all that drunk at your farewell!

I managed to get Lonely Werewolf Girl in America and it's good! The Enchantress and Fire Queen remind me of us as fashionistas!