Monday, June 2, 2008

5 Birds and the City


Isn't that pretty? It was 6 something when I took that picture but the lighting was gorgeous. The sun stays up till 9 sometimes here.



I went to see Sex and the City this Saturday with my aunts and my cousin. Before we went I made this fabulous chicken. And I mean fabulous. It's the first time I've ever made roast chicken but it turned out really well.


I served it with a goat cheese and red pepper sauce that was pretty darn good too. I had the leftovers for lunch yesterday and the sauce was even better. Creamier and the taste of the sweet peppers even more pronounced. The four of us made short work of the chicken. I was going to send some leftovers to my cousin Sidney but the leftovers would have looked a bit sad so I kept them for myself. Hehehe

After dinner we had drinks at 55. A bar that boasts 180 cocktail. The drinks were pretty gao* and not too expensive either. We only had 1 each though.

I'll be going back to 55 for sure. Probably on Tuesday when everything's 2 for 1. ;)

The movie didn't disappoint at all by the way. I won't reveal anything about the plot...I hate it when people do that *ahem Rachel*. I really felt like prancing around in flamboyant frocks after that. And buying shooooooooooooooooessssssssss. And also getting married.

I'm helping Rosemary (my cousin's housemate) to plan her wedding. So that's only adding to my desire to have a wedding. Note that I haven't gotten knocked up (which is what a friend asked when I told him I had already found my dream dress) or engaged. It just pays to be prepared ok. I have most everything in place...oh except you know a groom. Small detail.

Anyway go watch Sex and the City with your girlfriends. Have a Cosmo (or two, or three) before you go.

PS The link will take you to the recipe. I followed it mostly except that I used 2 Romano peppers instead of regular red peppers.

No comments: