Monday, February 16, 2009

Fat Envelopes and Notes

Whenever anyone asks these days what I'm up to I usually say nothing. Which is true...sort of. I do stuff but just not the socially acceptable stuff like working or studying. The things that people (read grown ups) think people my age should be doing.

I have been staying out late....driving to KL to hang around the Tugu Negara. Getting ripped off at Gengas. Driving to Rachel's and staying till 7 in the morning.

The other thing that I usually say is that I'm waiting for offer letters. Which was true. I was really waiting for one offer letter. The one from Sarah Lawrence. I already got accepted into Lewis & Clark, my third choice college, but I just wanted to know what the decision from SLC would be.

I spent the whole of Sunday checking my email. Just over and over logging in to see if they had said anything. And then on Monday running out to see if anything had come in the mail. So when the FedEx man called and said he was outside my heart skipped a few beats. I knew it could only be one thing...


The whole time I kept praying as I walked into the house with the package, please please please be a fat envelope. please God, St Jude, Mary, gaaaahhh

And it was a...


Hahahaha. I screamed like a maniac. I ran into the living room and jumped up and down. I kept screaming the whole way.

There's no way to be excited about this but the drama queen way. Trust me, it's more fun than smiling quietly and giving yourself a pat on the back. I love that they tell you it's a fat envelope up front.

This is the only college I've wanted to go to since I decided I wanted to go to uni.

And I got in. Life is good.

Speaking of college, a couple of months ago I stumbled across an old notebook that Sonya and I passed notes to each other with. We used to do this all the time in class. Even though we sat right next to each other. We're just dorks that way.

Also we sat right in front of class so we couldn't openly talk. We sometimes wrote on the tables to pass messages. This particular notebook (which I tried to write homework in but I never got round to doing said homework and abandoned writing assignments in it after like 2 pages) has a whole conversation in it. This is part of it:


Lol. It cracked me up to read about Son getting busted for going out and drinking. The conversation goes on for another page. I remember this exactly. Hehehe. And then I found another note inside that had me going huh???????


I recognised Son's writing right away. And I vaguely knew what we were talking about. I had lent Son my Coraline book and so that's what the button eyes thing is about. But the PURE EVIL thing had me stumped. I know the 'yes' is written by me...

Son reckons we were talking about my Socio teacher. Mwahahaha. I think she's right. Cos I loathed her. And Son disliked her too...probably not as passioantely as I did. She was responsible for our whole class getting 2 grades lower than our forecasts thanks to her very, very, very lenient marking that had us all thinking we were socio geniuses.

I got a 'D' for my AS, which to the uninformed was 50% of my final grade. Everyone else in class did pretty bad too. I led a mini coup in class and confronted her about her marking. She started crying in class...and I don't feel bad about it at all. Cos she admitted to marking us leniently...to apparently give us confidence?

I don't know the woman was weird. Is still weird I'm pretty sure. She started using Oprah shows and E! Entertainment segments as sociological examples in class. Yeah...well I resat the paper and got a 'B' in the end. Though it still makes me sakit hati to see that 'D' on my AS cert...especially when I had to apply to uni with it.

Anyways I can't wait to see Coraline! I've heard nothing but positive reviews about it from friends and critics. I wanna see it in 3D. Someone take me?

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

My friend Sassy Miss Kara has just seem the movie.

http://condishair.blogspot.com/

said...

HAHA. omg omg. its even written on those free notebooks mac centre gave out everytime we went to photocopy stuff. i just wrote on sharms wall on how i missed those silly subang times. there was you, me, sharm, wanyen, von, kc, heng & other random people.
so fun!

p.s: see so nice of you to blogging :]